WAVES Magazine (WAVES BFTCI) is looking for a Social Media Editor to work on a freelance voluntary basis.
Job Title: Social Media Editor
Job Type: Voluntary
WAVES Magazine is a media and entertainment subdivision of Brain Food TCI. The platform aims to heighten the platform for creativity and culture in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Through the online magazine and other media forms, WAVES is proving creativity and culture in the TCI is not dead.
What will you do?
As Social Media Editor, you will manage WAVES’ social media updating it with current and trendy content. You can be located anywhere across the Earth as the role is remote.
You’ll be given a roster to choose your availability.
If you’re looking to get some experience in Media & Communications, this role is perfectly suited to you.
- Work with the Head of Media & Digital to create graphics for social media
- Create content and brainstorm ideas to be used across WAVES social media
- Manage social media accounts while tracking viewer engagement.
- Monitor and post about trending topics related to the TCI on the internet related to the magazine sections
- Be on the watch for new events, emerging talent or anything trendy
- Have a passion for the creative world and culture of the TCI
- Keen attention to detail
- Organised and reliable
- No previous experience required. Must be 16 or over.
- Build a digital portfolio in a short time period.
- Gain strong experience working with a publishing company.
- You will be part of a passionate team of like-minded creatives.
- Free entry to WAVES events and priority access to merch.